Initialize Zone Field from Reporter
celix Zones Plugin provides a custom workflow post function, which sets a specific Zone Field to a Zone of the Issue Reporter, if no Zone is selected.
It is currently not possible to set a default Zone for a Reporter. The plugin will pick the first Zone the Reporter appears in. (see example)
Add the Initialize Zone Field from Reporter Post Function to a Workflow
The post function can be added like any other Atlassian JIRA post function. For an in-depth description on JIRA workflows and post functions take a look at the Atlassian Documentation.
- Log in as a JIRA Administrator.
- Go into JIRA Administration.
- Open the workflow in JIRA Workflow Designer
- Select the transition "Create Issue"
- Click on Add post function
- Select Initialize Zone Field From Reporter and click Add
- Select a Zone Field and a Zone Role.
- Make sure the post function you added is before "Creates the issue originally" (see example)
- Do not forget to publish the workflow draft or select the modified workflow in a project, so that your changes are activated
Consider following Example
celix Zones Plugin Configuration for the Zone field Country
We added the following post function
If felix creates an Issue without setting a Zone, it will be set to AT because thats the first time he appears as a Developer
If eric creates an Issue, it will be set to US.